I’ve done a handful of bridal makeups to date, and this is one I practiced on myself for an upcoming June wedding. My friend Tori is getting married at the end of the month and usually I like to do the bride’s makeup once beforehand to make sure she has no allergic reactions or breakouts to any products I use, and also so I know she’s happy with the look. In this case we’ll both be travelling for the wedding so I might not get a chance to do that, but I wanted to at least be able to have feedback on the look itself before the big day!
All the inspiration pictures she sent me had a very dramatic Arabic style liner and perfected skin. Many also had warm neutral eyeshadows. I’ve done plenty of winged liner looks before but never lining all the way around the eye. It’s quite a lot more liner than I would typically wear, but I love the way it came out! I used the tape trick on the outer corner and it made everything a lot easier.
All products used are listed below!
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (Original)
- MAC Pro Sculpting Cream (Coffee Walnut)
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (NW20)
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles (10 Fair)
- Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick (1 Warm Ivory)
- Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer (SX05)
- Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Setting Powder
- NARS Powder Blush (Madly)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush (Blissful)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (Diffused Light)
- NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
- Inglot Eyeshadow (#353)
- Urban Decay Naked Palette (Naked, Buck)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow (YDK)
- L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow (888 Iced Latte)
- NARS Eyeshadow (Mekong)
- MUFE Aqua Black
- L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess (455 Black)
- Covergirl Clump Crusher Water Resistant (Very Black)
- Ardell Individual False Lashes (Flare Short Black)
- Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive
- MAC Lip Pencil (Subculture)
- OCC Lip Tar (Memento, Grandma)
The liner itself probably took the longest and the individual falsies were giving me a hard time but I had lots of fun experimenting! I’m hoping to be able to post photos of the look on Tori after the big day.
Also, this is what my makeup area looked like afterwards…