Most Sundays I’m content to go grocery shopping and run my errands bare faced, but this week I had a few products I couldn’t wait to try out. This week my orders from Hakuhodo and Makeup Geek arrived so I had a bit of a play with eyeshadows, blush, and new brushes. I went fairly light on foundation since I usually try to give my skin a break on weekends. The eyes are a very warm, almost orangey brown with my typical half stripe of black liner. For cheeks I used a warm pink blush and on the lips I used one of my favorite bright lipsticks from Bobbi Brown. It’s a very easy and quick look that would be suitable for the majority of skin tones. If you’re darker you may need some darker browns on the eyes but the shadows from MUG are very pigmented so they may work for you after all!
Here are just a few of the items I used on my face (keep reading for the full list!). The new makeup items in question include the Makeup Geek Eyeshadows in Latte (top) and Frappe (bottom) as well as the MUG Blush in Spellbound. The Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer (far left) is new to me as well. The Hakuhodo brushes I purchased are the J5523 (a much nicer quality dupe of the MAC 217) and the Medium Tapered Yachio (with the bamboo handle). I’m planning a post on the few Hakuhodo brushes I own but I’m waiting until I’ve used these a bit more and had a chance to see how they wash. First impressions are that I may need to buy a second of each… they are absolute perfection for my taste!
I also used my new brush holders as a background because I love them so much. Pyrex beakers! I also have two smaller ones on my makeup desk holding mascaras, concealers, and eyelash curlers. If you’re interested I ordered them from Amazon. I’m such a dork, but they make me oh so happy! I have the 800 mL for face brushes, 400 mL for eye brushes, and the two smaller ones are 150 mL. If anyone wants to see a few more up close pictures let me know and I’d be happy to do a quick post on them.
Here’s to hoping everyone has a wonderful week 🙂
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (Hydrating)
- Light layer applied to the center of the face and blended outwards with fingers.
- Benefit Watt’s Up?
- Cream highlighter applied in a C-shape from the outer portion of the brow bone down to the tops of the cheekbones, applied after primer and before foundation.
- Bobbi Brown Corrector (Light Bisque)
- Light layer under the eyes with a second layer added over the darkest part of my undereye circles.
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (Light 6 Ceylan)
- Applied with fingers and blended with a Beauty Blender.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer (01 Light)
- Taken from the back of the hand and pressed over blemishes and old acne spots with a RealTechniques Deluxe Crease Brush.
- Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Setting Powder
- Under the eyes and very lightly through the center of the face.
- NARS Bronzing Powder (Laguna)
- Applied using the Hakuhodo Medium Tapered Yachio in an E3 shape, blended up higher onto the cheeks.
- MUG Blush (Spellbound)
- Also using the Hakuhodo Yachio, applied to the apples of the cheeks and blended back into the bronzer.
- NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
- Inglot Square Eyeshadow (353)
- Applied using the MAC 227 large paddle brush under the brow bone and on the inner half of the lid. I’ve actually hit pan on this shadow, it’s a great highlight for fair skin tones!
- MUG Eyeshadow (Frappe, Latte)
- Using the Hakuhodo J5523 brush I started by adding Frappe to the outer corner of the lid, blending inwards and up into the crease. I added a very small amount of Latte to the outer corner using the same brush. I blended everything with a fluffy brush.
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner (1 Black Ink)
- Used to tightline the upper lash line and add a thin line halfway across the lid with the Sigma E15.
- Covergirl Lashblast Clump Crusher Mascara (Very Black)
- Added a thin layer to top and bottom lashes.
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara (Blackest Black)
- Applied to top lashes only.
- Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Color (Rosy)
- One of my favorite “everyday brights.” It’s a lovely reddish pink, very easy to wear, and also nicely hydrating. #essiebuttoneffect
Do you ever put on makeup to run weekend errands? What do you like to wear? Share in the comments!