After having my blog for only about three weeks, I received a couple of very nice comments nominating me for blogging awards. I’m still quite new to the blogging community and I’ve waited a while to participate in the award posts because I wasn’t really sure what they were all about. As I understand it, blogging awards of this style are a good way to share a little more about yourself with your readers. In addition, you also share some of the newer blogs you enjoy reading. From my perspective there’s a bit of self promotion involved, but as I’ve been exposed to more of these award posts I find them a wonderful “getting to know me” opportunity. They also help you to feel more involved and accepted in the blogging community, which is something I think any blogger will appreciate.
Just a note about my nominations for these award tags, I’m only going to choose a handful of people for each one. I still don’t know too many other smaller bloggers like myself and I feel like I’d run out of people to nominate! Also a HUGE thank you to each and every one of the girls who nominated me for an award. I know it took me a while to get around to this post, but I really appreciate the recognition and feeling more included in the beauty blogging community.
Very Inspiring Blogger Award Tag Rules
1. Thank and link the person(s) who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs. Remember to comment on their blogs to let them know you’ve nominated them and provide a link to your post.
5. Display the award logo anywhere on your blog I.E. on your side bar and follow the person who nominated you (optional).
I received nominations from both Ronen Diamond of Fashion, Makeup, and Other Things and Rachel of Rachel’s Beauty Bites. Ronen blogs about beauty and lots of random lifestyle things, as well as sharing links to her YouTube channel (as well as having a vendetta against brown lipstick?). Rachel is a very sweet young lady who does lots of swatches of products in her makeup collection and I love her Saturday Standouts posts!
Seven Facts About Me
- I did ballet for about ten years. It was my first hobby and my love for the art will be with me forever.
- I have 13 ear piercings (but none anywhere else!) and one tattoo.
- I am extremely organized and always have been. My dad used to joke that if I ever tried to make a mess everything would just fall on the floor in neat little piles.
- Also according to my dad, I mastered sarcasm by the age of 6.
- The first car I learned to drive was one that was made the same year I was born. It was a stick shift with an extremely heavy clutch, but I grew to love it! Now I have my own manual car, which I have driven in high heels more than once 😉
- I really want to learn Spanish. It’s my boyfriend’s first language (he’s Dominican) and some of his family speaks very little English. He’s taught me all the curse words though!
- Outside of the US I’ve visited Australia, the Dominican Republic, and England. My most recent trip was to England and I completely fell in love with the lifestyle, cities, and culture (not so much the VAT). After college I hope to find a way to move there.
Liebster Award Tag Rules
1. Once nominated, choose 11 other blogs (with less than 200 followers) to nominate.
2. You will also have to answer whatever questions the blogger who nominated you asked.
3. Finally, notify the blogs you want to nominate so they can have a chance to continue spreading the love & give them your own set of 11 questions to answer!
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Jaclyn Comeau, who has a beautifully designed blog with lots of reviews and beauty advice/info. I’m very new to her site but so far I’m really enjoying it!
- What inspired you to begin blogging?
- Who is your role model?
- Do you collect anything? If so, what is it?
- What is your favourite holiday?
- What is your all time favourite TV series?
- Who was the last person you talked to?
- What is the most unique thing about you?
- Morning person or night owl?
- Favourite genre of music?
- What are you thankful for everyday?
- What is your definition of success?
My Questions For You
- What is your all time favorite mascara? Choose one high end and one drugstore/high street.
- If you’re running late and only have 5 minutes to do makeup, what products do you use?
- What is the one hair product you couldn’t live without?
- Share your worst makeup fail moment!
- What really makes you want to read a blog?
- What is your favorite spot in the whole world? Somewhere you go to feel safe and calm.
- Coffee or tea?
- What is an interest, hobby, or skill of yours not everyone knows about? (other than your blog)
- Share your best beauty advice/tip for anyone who’s new to makeup.
- What makeup or skincare item are you currently coveting?
- Share a unique fact about yourself.
Beauty Blogger of the Month Rules
Please visit Cecilia’s Corner for all of the details, but essentially you answer the questions listed below and leave a comment on Cecilia’s post to enter yourself into this monthly giveaway. Prizes vary each month, but in the past I’ve seen things from Benefit and MAC!
I was nominated for the Beauty Blogger of the Month by reifylove. I adore her blog and love reading all of her posts. I feel like she puts so much thought into all of her work and it makes her site a pleasure to read!
Here are Cecelia’s questions:
- Where does your makeup inspiration come from?
- What are 3 of your makeup Holy Grail products you cannot live without?
- What is your makeup signature look which you have on most of the time?
- Let us know your favorite makeup brands?
- Your ultimate makeup pet peeve?
- You’ve heard about all the hype on this makeup item, bought it, tried it and don’t understand what all the fuss is about…Name that product!
- Concealer OR foundation ONLY for the rest of your life. Choose one and tell us the reason!
Again, thank you to all of the lovely ladies who nominated me! If you’re a new beauty or lifestyle blogger and would like to share your site with me feel free to leave a comment below. I’m not online as much as I was this summer since I now have the lovely responsibility of doing well in classes, but I will get to yours eventually! It’s always nice to discover new blogs.
(Read: One comment please. Not spamming with a dozen comments, that’s annoying for everyone!)